GSSL VCA Variations and Resistor Value Changes

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And a total hats off to you for making the web page printr freindly (ie press print and it comes of on one duplex page)
thanks

This is a nice idea - thanks for offer us this table!

In the meantime Jakob did an update on his SSL-Clone-Page - for both, schematic and layout. And there is is a little difference to your table:

2181/2180 Pin 5: 10k to Pin 3 and 3k9 to -15V.

Yours (and others) suggestion for this pin is 5k1 to -15V. So what is the 'right" way'? I'm a little confused... :?:

Maybe two additions to your table:
1)Ratio adjustment is the same for all That218x - this means, about 120k is a good value for all IC's.
2)Sidechain VCA 2180x need no 47R at Pin 4.

regards

...ok I found the answer at page 36 at the very big ssl help thread...

3k9 instead of 5k1 has no influence on internal current...but this 10k resistor from pin 3 to 5 - strange... :roll:

Hello all. I am hoping this is up to date! I have been trying to figure out from all the discussion just what the heck I am supposed to leave in or take out!

Thanks for all the great work. I am just waiting on a few resistors for a 2180 version, everything else is good to go.

Joe

CAn you add the DBXC1252H2 chip to the list please,I have recently come back to the forum and retaken the project where I left off,I remember buying the chips from Mike Verbos.
Somebody must've built an SSL with these.
Thanks
Aharon

http://www.wiseguysynth.com/larry/schematics/dbx_vca.htm

I see no metion of this here but if your using the "pre-trimed" 218x series in ther sidechain, one of those resistors can/should be removed also.

Not sure which one. Please check into that & Thanks for putting up the site & info. :thumb:

Kevin

BTW, there are some post that have detailed info about how and where to calibrate/measure voltages @ different compression ratio's... that might also be helpful on your site.

Back