Enclosures (and other metal stuff) in Detroit area

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Consul

Do any of the other folks in the Detroit area (which may include Ann Arbor and Port Huron as seen fit) know of any local sources for things that can make good project enclosures? Buying Bud boxes from Newark and Mouser seems expensive to me. Thank you for the help.

I don't want rackmount, though. Just little desktop boxes. Or not so little, as the case may be. Pun intended.

I need to start planning for a guitar amp build, too.

Oh, Cool! I actually have a synth in the works that I'd like to put in a desktop box - I'll check them out...

Peace,
Al.

I'd have to look to see if Mouser still carries them, but...

...back a few years ago I did some preamps in cool black nylon-coated Bud boxes - maybe made by Eagle. Kind of expensive, like $26 for the 2x4x7 size. But the coating is great, extremely durable. That stuff still looks quite nice.

trouble with the desktop series from Par is that they're assembled, and shipping is a good bit more. Was talking to the lady yesterday about that. They do look pretty darn solid however. And probably good for tooling.

billy

[quote author="RogerFoote"]Hammond rack boxes suck even worse maybe![/quote]

Really? they look great....

before i order some.....what's the deal with them?

and are we talking about the 19" ones?

If you have a Fry's Electronics in your area - you should look there.

They have a surprising selection of project enclosures and other electronics tools.

Back