BNC wordclock and spdif?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imloggedin

can i use a spdif output for a wordclock signal? i know you can transfer audio between aes3id and spdif but i dont think the sample rate signal transfers. is this possible? i have a i88x with a spdif in/out and a digimax lt that only has bnc and adat out. i want the i88x to be the master and the digimax to be the slave but this is only possible over bnc on the digimax and spdif on the i88x. any suggestions?

the clock is embedded within the S/PDIF AES/EBU stream. You'll need some kind of S/PDIF reciever. You'll also have to stream audio down the s/PDIF link.

In terms of DIY - I believe all 3 of the "audio" semiconductor manufacturers have a S/PDIF reciever in one way or another.

you might want to look for the DIR1703 - it's a hardware controlled S/PDIF reciever, although TI doesn't push it in the main-stream any more (only for our big Japanese customers). You should be able to google for a datasheet and maybe someone like digikey might have samples of the device.

We also have other devices coming out soon, with Sample rate converters built in as well, but these require software control, rather than pins to set parameters. (SRC4392 and DIX4392)

would this work? http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/CO3-main.html is bnc wordclock aes3 or spdif? or a different type?

Back