EVENTIDE H910

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khstudio

PLEASE help with EVENTIDE H910

#1 - I could use a schematic.

I think 2 of the DBX plug-in expansion cards aren't working.

There's 3 all together:
slot - 1 seems to work the input + compression
slot-2, expansion #1 (output/efx/delay)
slot-3, expansion #2 (output/efx/delay)

Someone mentioned moving the cards around to help troubleshoot... so I did & noticed that only ONE of them made the INPUT LIMIT Light work :?
But no output. YES, the 3 cards are exactly the same. Just my luck it's probably 2 bad cards & I THINK you need at least 2 to get signal thru?

It uses these IC's

LF353n (x2)
RC4558p
DBX8032

& transistors
BC453c (x2)

:?: Are any of these components KNOWN to be weak :?:

Thanks,
Kevin

Eventide sells repair manuals for their older gear (roughly $25, I think).

I purchased a manual for an old DDL1743. The wealth of information in that manual is astounding. Well worth the price.

If you look at the datasheets for the chips, you should be able to insert one card in the first slot and t-shoot with a sig gen and a scope. Do one plug-in card at a time in the 1st slot, fix what needs fixin' and then plug 'm all in and rock on!

HTH!
Charlie

[quote author="SonsOfThunder"]If you look at the datasheets for the chips, you should be able to insert one card in the first slot and t-shoot with a sig gen and a scope. Do one plug-in card at a time in the 1st slot, fix what needs fixin' and then plug 'm all in and rock on!

HTH!
Charlie[/quote]

That's exatly the problem - There's some odd ones & especially a DBX (8 pin dip) That I cant find ANY info on :mad:

Here's what's happening - I can get the clip light to work but only with the 3 cards in a certain position. On the block diagram it shows the first (compressor/input) AND mainly the second card (expander/output) feeding back to the clip light...so I can't figue out what's happening there.
When I move the cards around in the other 2 posible positions the clip led won't work.

There's no sound AT ALL @ the output when engaged. I'm currently trying to trace the signal path but it's not easy.

I just paid for a schematic & will share it with anyone that's willing to help me out
:!:

I hate to say this, but I have a non-working H910 and I know of several others. I have tried to get it fixed but I've been told there are proprietary chips that Eventide doesn't stock and that can't be gotten. I hope you have better luck.

Latest posts

Back