Manley 16x2

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello as,

this circuit is still in production, manley doesnt want to get ripped off, so it seems unlikely you´ll get that schematic.

between Dave's summing mixer and tube schemo's one could make a unit that is a tube mixer 16X by 2... hey as long as were asking eva for things take her out on a date then maybe she will give up that schemo you seek. gotta work her dood. :green:

[quote author="as"]Thanks for the information!
I would like to look the circuit before to buy.[/quote]

Eve-Anna wants it the other way around I guess....

[quote author="kubi"]Write to Eve-Anna, she will gladly hand over all the papers.
I assume, you own the box.[/quote]

[quote author="kubi"]http://www.manleylabs.com/schematics03.html
Click on "Hey! EveAnna! I need a schematic!"[/quote]

Quote of the week. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Award goes to Kubi.
:green: :green: :green:

I've not seen the schematic, but from bits and pieces I've read here and there (?????) I'm reasonably certain that it is mostly IC-based channels with really nice vacuum tube summing. I remember reading about the use of OPA604/2604 for buffering and such and INA103's for mic inputs on the mic input version. That could be wrong, but I know I've read that in more than one place.

Check through some of the reviews on it, as I believe one of them, maybe more, mentions this.

The reviews I've read have been pretty favorable. Never heard one myself.

So, do you regularly hunt for the schematic of a device before you pay money to buy one? :wink:

:green:

JC

[quote author="rascalseven"]I've not seen the schematic, but from bits and pieces I've read here and there (?????) I'm reasonably certain that it is mostly IC-based channels with really nice vacuum tube summing. I remember reading about the use of OPA604/2604 for buffering and such and INA103's for mic inputs on the mic input version. That could be wrong, but I know I've read that in more than one place.
JC[/quote]

Good to be with some understandink.
:cool:

To get a schematic from Manley, you have to give a serial number and the purchaser's name at the least. If you have the equipment in front of you, you can give them the secret identifier, uh, thingamabob.
i think i have said too much! Huh-whose there!?! haaaaaaaaaaaaagh. . . .

is there anyone who has heard manley stuff who actually cares about it?

I have not met many of those types in my peer group.

dave

[quote author="soundguy"]is there anyone who has heard manley stuff who actually cares about it?[/quote]

Man, you ain't kidding! I honestly don't understand people's fascination with Manley. Especially when you consider the price.

On second thought, I think it is because of the price that people love them so much - you know, the old "if I paid 9000 dollars for it, you bet your ass I'll hear extra goodness" syndrome...

Peace,
Al.

absolutely. If they didnt advertise in mix, nobody would give a fuck as the stuff is so pedestrian and unspectacular it would never make a roar in the underground and develop street cred of its own so they have to invent the street cred with advertising and cult behaviour.

people on gearslutz love the shit though. that place should serve as a barometer for stuff to not buy. If they like it, run away.

dave

I'm still scratching my head wondering why they're still using INA103's rather than 163's...

main difference I see is that the 103 runs on anything up to ±25V rather than the 163's ±18V... the 163 is lower noise too...

but, it's unlikely I'll ever have a spare one lying around to mod...

:)

mmmmmmmm!

Its not a tube mixer, its a solid state mixer with some tubes at the output. There are a bunch of real consoles you could probably get for less money that would kick it's butt and actually have features, so I dont understand the appeal.

I played with a SLAM! a few weeks ago (which retails for $12k here) and it was the most boring useless comp Ive heard in a while. I couldnt find any song that it could improve as a 2mix comp, and even on the drum buss it was just average.

It really was remarkable ...

M

eveanna and fletcher were joined at the hip at the aes show. i would almost think they were an 'item' except... (to self: stop there. dont be a dick. lol!).

as for manley products: i consider them overpriced hype, plain and simple

would you buy gear made by this person? :razz:
16x2emwig.jpg

Back