Penny and Giles/Auditronics nomenclature???

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leadvox

I am looking for info on P+G nomenclature from quite a few years back. I have some faders they made for an Auditronics Grandson console, and I'm looking for the difference between two types. The first type is the Auditronics F1 module which uses a P+G 1120/c/u fader. The other is an F1R which uses an 1120/c fader. My research up until now says that the "u" indicates the spacing of the mounting threads. They came out of a console where they were being used side by side. Thanks in advance.

The letter U indicates that the threaded insert [the mounting screw hole]has a Unified 4.40 UNC thread (as against the letter M which indiactes metric M3).

The letter C indicates a 5k Ohm track resistance

The "1120" indicates that it is mono and Logrithmic.

If it has a "Spec number" or "D number" written on it then it may be possible to narrow down its exact configuration

Regards,
Colin Adshead
[email protected]
www.audiomaintenance.com

The letter U indicates that the threaded insert [the mounting screw hole]has a Unified 4.40 UNC thread (as against the letter M which indiactes metric M3).

The letter C indicates a 5k Ohm track resistance

The "1120" indicates that it is mono and Logrithmic.

If it has a "Spec number" or "D number" written on it then it may be possible to narrow down its exact configuration

Regards,
Colin Adshead
[email protected]
www.audiomaintenance.com
Realizing this thread is ages old, I'm hoping I can expand the question and still get your attention. I have an Auditronics console with 18 '110a/b IME' mono input modules. Across all 18 channels I have 4 different fader types and am trying to better understand if my configuration is messed up. I have:
  • (9) F1R P&G - Type: D26347 1120/C
  • (2) F2R P&G - Type: D26647 1122/CU - are these wrong type for a MONO input channel?
  • (2) A1A non-P&G faders
  • (2) A2A non-P&G faders - I believe these both handle the Control Rm Monitor and Foldback Mix respectively.
Thanks you!

Bob

Just spitballing here, but since the difference between both sets of numbers comes down to a "2" it's possible that the 1122 and A2A faders are stereo faders, and only one side is being used. I've certainly seen (and done) this in other desks.

Good spitball. Yes, I agree it is stereo and I should have asked the question different. I’m wondering what affect this has on the signal through to the 2-BUS.

Thanks though!

That's a very simple test: Input a tone into each channel, bring fader to nominal level, measure level at 2-Mix. If they all match at nominal, you can verify the curves by reducing each fader to an arbitrary position, say -6 and repeat the process. If they match at one level but not at another, the curve may be different.
You do need to be careful that the gain is matched at the front end of each channel for this to be a valid test, but hopefully you can use the PFL bus to do that.

Latest posts

Back