Seeking legible schematic for Altec 9473A

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewYorkDave

I'm working on one of these. I have the PDF from the Purpleaudio site, but many details on the schematic (in particular the off-board connections) are illegible. Can you help? Thanks.

Hi Dave, pretty sure I have a clean copy of the schematic. May not be able to scan it right away though, I'm mostly out of town these weeks. I'll email them to you when I get a chance.

James

[quote author="NewYorkDave"]I'm working on one of these. I have the PDF from the Purpleaudio site, but many details on the schematic (in particular the off-board connections) are illegible. Can you help? Thanks.[/quote]

There's (yet another) AES journal article by James Noble and somebody else I can't remember on this limiter. Had mostly general spiel about the need for a dual band limiter, and some specifics (schematic included) on the 9473. Let us know how it sounds, Dave, when you get it running again. I'm quite curious, and it's designed before Altec gear went downhill overall.

James

Hey Guys,

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I'm in the same boat on this. I'm in the process of fixing one of these and the schematic has a key section that is illegible - specifically the "connect points A and B" at the beginning of the cal procedure. If anyone can tell me what those points are that would be fantastic.

Thanks,

Tim

Ed,

I appreciate the schemo upload - do you happen to have the part that shows "point A and B" which must be jumped together to perform the calibration? That is the part that is stopping me at this point. I tried to determine which two points should be jumped, just not sure if I'm correct...

Thanks,

Tim

Not sure if the points are called out on the schematic.  They are mentioned in the docs as being shown in figure 9.  Of course in the washed out scan available online it is a black blur.  You really need a clean scan of those docs.  You did search the circuit boards for terminals marked "A" and "B", right  ;)

Latest posts

Back