To those with "thrust filter" in their SSL...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caps

Has anyone had a problem with one side of the signal being bout 6db or so down?? This happens on mine with the filter switched in OR out. Been over all wiring etc, lost now, dont know what could be causing it? Any ideas? thanks in advance.

Sorry, 'one side' of the signal ? As in L vs R ? In that case the error should obviously be somewhere else because... etc

Which incarnation of this filter have you built ? Note the contraption I posted has provisions to trim the gains.

Regards,

Peter

I have dual Thrust filter installed based on the Clintrubbers schematics and it works just fine. Both filters can be adjusted with trimmers regarding the threshold kick in.

[quote author="Purusha"]I have dual Thrust filter installed based on the Clintrubbers schematics and it works just fine. Both filters can be adjusted with trimmers regarding the threshold kick in.[/quote]
Nice to hear that - and now for the big question.... :grin: how does it sound ? Worth the components & trouble ? Noticing much difference between the two settings ? And vs the 'other' filtering ?

Bye,

Peter

[quote author="clintrubber"]Sorry, 'one side' of the signal ? As in L vs R ? In that case the error should obviously be somewhere else because... etc

Which incarnation of this filter have you built ? Note the contraption I posted has provisions to trim the gains.

Regards,

Peter[/quote]

Yes L v R. Not sure of the exact version, but it has no trimmer control as someone else mentioned above. Any ideas where a problem that could cause this might be? I need a push in the right direction. :grin:

[quote author="clintrubber"][quote author="Purusha"]I have dual Thrust filter installed based on the Clintrubbers schematics and it works just fine. Both filters can be adjusted with trimmers regarding the threshold kick in.[/quote]
Nice to hear that - and now for the big question.... :grin: how does it sound ? Worth the components & trouble ? Noticing much difference between the two settings ? And vs the 'other' filtering ?

Bye,

Peter[/quote]

So far I runned the filters only once for a quick checkout before starting to solder some more things to the G-SSL. What I remember now is that they all sound nice although there is more of a subtle change to the sound in regard to no filters. For example my Drawmer with it's BIG knob makes the change in a more significant way when used. But I also adjusted the trimmers for no volume change when using filters so maybe this is why I have such feeling. I'll check it again more carefully when I finish the overload section.

By looking on the graph which I did the medium version of the Thrusty could also be skipped because it's curve is actually very close to the 90Hz of Stephen's filter. Note that on my graph bellow 90Hz curve doesn't look right yet. I have to change the cap for the 90Hz on the Stephen's filter to get it right, but you can imagine where it should be.

Measured only from 20Hz up to 250Hz. You can see the GR curve bellow.

CLICK ON THE PICTURE FOR BETTER VIEW :shock:

HP-filter.jpg

Well I tried some other mixes through it and it seemed ok. So the question no is, what the hell can cause a level difference in a stereo mix lke this ??!! :shock: :shock:

[quote author="caps"]Well I tried some other mixes through it and it seemed ok. So the question no is, what the hell can cause a level difference in a stereo mix lke this ??!! :shock: :shock:[/quote]

Definitely your bad karma :green:

Latest posts

Back