MCI 400 series console info/help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

I just was given some 400 series console strips. Looking to rack them up into a semi sidecar type deal. I need info such as pinouts, schemos, whatever anyone can e-mail would be great.

Which diagram did you get ? With the 400 series there are many different types.

I have been trying to get a copy of the input module diagram marked PCA 4300-0241 which has extra transistors compared to the more common type. Anyone help ??

I'll check my modules at the shop this eveningm but these have the jensen Mic input trafo. so I am gussing they are not what you are looking for. Do you by chance know the edge connector layouts The schemos I got this morning do not list the Voltages needed and which one they go to. I better check that again. I am guessing off hand that the MCI runs on 24V as the relay in the unit is a 24V... :?

+/-24v Im pretty sure. Thats what mine is running on. Theyre well worth having IMO, very useful pre and eq even if just for tweaking a little. Do your channels have the toroidal inductor for the low eq band? I think mine had some of the important pins actually labeled on the screen print overlay of the PCB. Power, in, out and ground should be pretty easy to find anyway.

M

so does mine... rob :twisted: :thumb:

Yeah I was guessing +/- 24 V operational level.

Do you got the pinouts for the edge connectors. MY schemo I got has them but doesn't show where the +/- 24 V comes in and so forth.

Most of the tracks that go to the connector are for the output busses, look for the ones (down towards the bottom of the connector from memory) that go past the large electro smoothing caps to the opamps. I think there is a double width ground track either between the +/- tracks or next to them. The positive rail will go past the + side of the smoothing caps and the neg rail will go past the - sides.

Hope this helps.

M

I'll have to reread that when looking at the strips... but yeah that should get me started. Between that, blevins audio and the schemo I have I should get it fired up. Imagine 12 channels in a custom wood box no master section, direct outs, mic or line in running off a lambda PSU. :thumb:

Why dontcha find a master module and have yrself a nice little console?

Do you have any output transformers for it? Mine is just running quasi balanced straight off the opamp (mine has no output transistors).

M

[quote author="mattmoogus"]Why dontcha find a master module and have yrself a nice little console?

Do you have any output transformers for it? Mine is just running quasi balanced straight off the opamp (mine has no output transistors).

M[/quote]
Cause I am looking just to use it as extra mic pre's and eq's for recording and mixing....

I am thinking a nice output trafo will finish the lot... :thumb:

rob I need your e-mail addy to send it to ya. PM me

[quote author="Rob Flinn"]Does your diagram have the transistors on it ? If so I badly need a copy please.

I can vouch for the desk sounding superb, wish it was mine[/quote]

Yes I think Joe has one that does, Ill see what I can do...

M

Back