PICTURES! My "DynaClone"

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan

Administrator
Admin
I FINALLY brought myself into modern times and bought a digital camera...A snazzy Canon G5.

Anyway I thought I might share a pic of one of my first projects...
(please don't ask to see the insides...those trannies on top make the lid really unevenly heavy and a pain in the arse to open up. :shock: )

dynaclone.jpg

Whaddya think? :sam:

Excellent project. Love the blue finish and silver face.

Is this an amp? I'm just curious why transformers are mounted externally? Is this for looks? or heat dissipation? Just curios.

Again, very nice looking project.

Yes it is an amp.
As for why the trannies are on top are I guess you could say it's a "HiFi" thing. No other reason than that. Well the mains do heat up a little.

It is my first and only venture into the audiophoolery world to date. Sounds pretty sweet.

I love it!

As a teenager, I had a stereo heathkit tube amp. Nothing I have heard since then sounded as nice as that old POS did.

Too bad it got scrapped for parts before I knew any better. :oops:

Anyway, great project... I'll bet it sings.

Dean

Very nice! I used to have an old Dynaco, and boy do I miss that thing. I'd love to build a new Stereo 70 or something like it.

What type of amp is your modeled after??

:thumb:

It is a semi-clone of the Stereo 35. Its a pretty powerful 35watts though.

Tranformers are just Hammonds (270HX and two 1650F)
For tubes we have: one 12AX7, one 12AU7, four 6BQ5

WOW~! nice work Admin, the unit looks f#*$in AWSOME!!! :thumb:

Where did you find the chassis? is it 19inch wide?

Thanks! :sam:

Thanks a lot!

The chassis is a par-metal "table top amp case" 12" X 12" a little tight, but worked out nicely.
I painted the top panel a high gloss blue, then went over it with clear, matte top coat. The front panel is rub on lettering with clear matte top coat over it--it looks pretty cool in real life, just like silkscreen.

Latest posts

Back