Linear to Log POT using resistor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="Mike Keith"]25K is what API uses, all you have to do is change the feedback resistor value...[/quote]

just for the sake of accuracy, its a reverse log pot. I have never been bothered by "backwards" rotation gain pots, but Im also not bothered by labeling my panels with a sharpie, this could be a bothersome point for the people who build this stuff and never actually use it...

the comments about this API 312 bullshit are so pedestrian and primitive it is really starting to make me a little tired. That circuit is just some shit that somebody whipped up to make THEIR opamp sound "good" and behave the way THEY wanted. Use the circuit as a guide, use whatever opamp you want and tweak your values so it sounds right to YOU. Im not claiming to know a whole lot about this shit, but that 312 schematic looks so much like application notes Ive seen from manufacturers and old AES papers on what to do with opamps. The idea that there is something special about it is pretty funny to me. The values they picked worked for their opamp, which you probably dont have, so sorry to boo hoo, but you have to actually do some work and experiment and figure out which feedback resistor works best. Bummer.

I swear, all you guys that want this shit cookie cutter who arent willing to listen and experiment, you all deserve to have something that reflects the effort youve put in. It would be one thing if this took alot of energy, but it really just doesnt.

get off the internet and go build something.

dave

Latest posts

Back