bringer vinta eq PSU trafo info needed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

O.k. so I got a bringer vintagear eq sitting around collection dust. I am gutting it in favor of duel plutec's. I am wondering if the PSU trafo(torriodal) would work to power 2 units in 1 box let alone 1 pultec? More over I wonder if it's worth using it. on one hand if it is the right voltages needed and such it is already wired into a fuse and switch but on the other hand it is a birnger.

I have one sitting in my rack...I refuse to pass any audio through it. The PSU will power a SS Pultec, you could use tubes if 45V is good enough for you as B+.
Behringer should stick to his sandstate gizmos and leave tubes to the people who knows how to implement them properly. One more thing, the Tube Ultra Q as it's called is a big ass box with all the SMD and electrolytics squashed up against the front panel, nothing in the middle except one ugly toroid and a funky looking PSU. It was designed for looks and nothing to do with sound.

analag

Back