s-s-l xlogic multichannel compressor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matthias

The XLogic Multichannel Compressor owes much of its heritage to the traditional SSL mix bus compressor, but adds the XL9000's DC-coupled design, yielding better specs than older implementations. Looking under the hood reveals 56 THAT 2181LA VCAs with trims for in-circuit adjustment for low distortion and excellent feed-through performance, as well as LT1115 op amps (touted as being the lowest-noise op amp available) and LT1010 buffers to increase op amp output and reduce thermal feedback. There's also a turn-on relay to prevent audio thumps.

so many vcas??
does anybody know more about it...

Have you seen the price? :shock: http://www.proaudiodesign.com/productinfo.php?ItemID=P29805

Now when I know how much one G-SSL costs, c'mon it's pure greed :green:

its a nice unit. But too expensive. I allready worked with it (with the mono version too) - and it sounded like i expect, knowing my GSSL. So better build six GSSL. And it will look more impressive :grin:

toby

[quote author="Viitalahde"]And the most important question: Isn't the SSL compressor a dead-beaten horse already? :razz:[/quote]

Today anyone who owns a solder iron has a SSL compressor. And the rest will buy one from Malk. :green:

Latest posts

Back