25k 1/2w pot

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayman

Hi,

I'm almost done with my MC76 (Purple Audio). Can't find a 25k pot for the attack. Anyone know where to get those?

Thanks

Richard

That's a common value, not hard to find at all. Where have you been looking?

The linear taper pots on this page are rated at 1/2W:

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/625/512.pdf

...and of course there are pricier options from other suppliers if Alpha is too pedestrian. The Alphas do have a nice damped feel to them, though.

Thanks,

I looked at Farnell and Elfa. Found 22k but no 25k.

Thanks again

Richard

22k is odd. When did they start making pots with 10%-resistor-style values? Other than when the coincided with the latter, pots have tended to be 5k rather than 5.1k or 4.7k, 25k instead of 24k or 27k, etc.

Make sure you're not getting a fixed resistor with that value.

in this case it would help to know that richard is in europe, thus farnell and elfa. the "best" available option from them would be the bourns 91 series, which in 25k is:

9357777 farnell

64-253-42 elfa

the 91 series is conductive plastic and generally a good quality pot. sadly the shaft is plastic, and the action feels a bit "light" for some people.

the alpha from mouser that nydave mentioned would be a better feeling choice, and it is even available with a switch to switch off the sidechain:

315-2415F-25K mouser

i wouldn't hesitate to use the alpha part for a diy build, but it may not last as many years as the bourns. in this case, the shipping cost may not be worth it either.

ed

Latest posts

Back