MAM VF-11 Vocoder in need of repair

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x0x

Does anyone know where I could get a MAM VF-11 Vocoder repaired or looked at? Their website is down, i'm assuming they are out of business since the Terratec merger. Terratec will not respond to my emails.

A description of the issue:

You can hear your voice through the mic (Analyze in w/ XLR mic) crystal clear, and the bands all appear to somewhat work; but the voiced/unvoiced detector and Synthesize in do not appear to be working properly. It could be a bad jack, or I could just be missing something. I read through the manual several times, but I cannot get it to create the robotic effects it is famous for.

I opened it up, nothing appears loose; all solder points are still solid ... it's strange.

I have 2 mics, one XLR one 1/4" ... both of those jacks work and you can hear your voice crystal clear. I only use one of these at a time, but I have tried both.

If I run my synth into the synthesize in, it is just not combining the signals. It seems that either the jack is not functioning or the voiced/unvoiced detector is not working. I messed around with the sensitivity controls on the back of the unit, tried them in all sorts of combinations as well as zero'd ... which is the factory setting ... and it just doesn't appear to be working right.

The bands all appear to do something, even with the clean voice from the mic; although it basically appears as though they are filtering low feedback or white noise.

I should also mention that the synthesize in LED on the left side never lights up, the analyse in does.

Any ideas, or does anyone know of a MAM authorized service center? I live in St Louis.

Sorry for the 'bump,' but I need to find schematics or a service center for this unit.

It used to work, so I sold it on eBay to finance a DIY modular kit and the irresponsible buyer damaged the unit and forced me to accept a refund through paypal. When I got the item back it was seriously dented and non-functioning. God only knows what this teenager did to this unit. Even with all the damage, paypal STILL refunded this idiot his money.

If I had the schematics I could trace the problem myself, but I know that is a long-shot ...

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Latest posts

Back