3630 release and attack time modification

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnd

Hi.

I would like to modify release and attack time of one channel of Alesis 3630 compressor to level out slow level changes in broadcast. I need real slow release (10-20seconds, or even more), and real slow attack too (1-3 seconds).

Something like auto-fader. I would feed it via external filtered side chain, which would put more emphasis on mid frequencies. Thus it would compress according to level of mid frequencies (where vocal is), and would move real slow, like fader movements on mixer.

Current values are:
peak mode attack time = 0.1ms - 200ms
peak mode release time = 50 ms - 3s

I have some schematics, but it is incomplete, without values. I got it from http://cabaret-karaoke.info/download.html. Maybe somebody has more complete schematics?

I'm wondering what needs to be changed? Probably capacitors in attack and release part of side chain? Some resistors too? Which one and to what value?

I know there are some ppl around here, who did modifications to 3630, and are probably very familiar with this unit. And here are plenty other experts can also look at schematics, and get some idea what is to be done. So maybe somebody can help me a bit with this?

thnx

Latest posts

Back