Some Transformer Questions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discretin

Hello to everyone here. I've been lurking for a while and now I have a question or two that I hope someone can answer. Maybe One day I'll be able to provide info as well as consume it, but I'm just a motivated newcomer for now.
How could I find out the spec information for an old transformer. I have a couple of transformers one is stamped 105 242 and the other one is stamped 105 33? Is there a database for this kind of stuff? What would be the typical values on an output transformer for and equalizer? 1:1, 1:2? What about the resistances? Finally why would it be better to have an output transformer on an equalizer? Is it just for grounding? I'm sure from reading that consensus has that it improves the sound but was this the original reason for including?
Thanks.

I think your questions might be a bit too general to get any responses. Try the META-META. There is a Transformer META maintained by resident expert/hacksaw-wielding-madman CJ.

Give that a try, and if you are still wondering about the transformer for a specific application, start a new thread with at least the brand and/or type of gear in the title.

Hope that helps! Welcome! :grin:

Latest posts

Back