Plastic Neutrik or Switchcraft TRS jacks

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fucanay

I feel kinda dumb, but I can't seem to figure out which of these jacks is what I need. I had bought a bunch of the open style Neutrik jacks with the metal mounts, but those caused some ground loop issues with the SSLs I was building. I'm out of those now and want to buy some of the enclosed type jacks with the plastic mounts. I also need to make sure these are aren't PCB mounted types.

Does anyone have a digikey or mouser number for these jacks?

Matt

Go to Neutrik's site, figure out the part number for what you want, and then look for it on mouser's or digikey's site.

Peace,
Al.

I think that is pretty obvious advice. I've been trying that. I just don't want to order a ton of the wrong ones.

For instance, these ones look right but it's hard to tell when you can't see them in person.

Mouser number: 550-NMJ6HCS

http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?handler=displayproduct&lstdispproductid=459124&e_categoryid=329&e_pcodeid=56807

Digikey number: SC1103-ND

http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?Ref=6946&Row=594345&Site=US

These "look" right, but it's hard to tell. I'm not in the habit of buying a bunch of stuff I don't need, so I want to be sure they are right.

Matt

yes, I see that now.

Maybe this one?

Mouser number: 568-NYS212

http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?handler=displayproduct&lstdispproductid=367693&e_categoryid=329&e_pcodeid=56807

Follow the DigiKey links via the SC1103-ND number and then Technical Drawing(s) and you get to a pdf of Switchcraft's own data sheet. This shows that the part is insulated panel mount. The contacts can be either wired or soldered into a PCB but the jack is still mounted from the bush.

Try also www.switchcraft.com Go to Products and search on the part N111. The N in the part number is for Non-conductive mounting. Check out the N112/3/4s as well.

you want NMJ6HC-S or...NYS212

The M-series are waaaaaay nicer, the chrome ferrule screws in from the outside where the NYS series (made in china by re'an) are the standard "stick it through the hole and attach a cheap platic nut" style.

I don't know why you fear the pcb mount ones, that's all i buy instead of buying two different kinds.

If you want some of the M series ones in PCB mount, drop me an e-mail.

Neutrik's site has descriptions of all their jacks, as well as spec sheets and mechanical drawings on PDF. Now, you say you want something that's not going to ground the sleeve, so that leaves out everything except m-line jacks with solder tags or solder pins, and you want them in stereo, so: NMJ6HC-S (cute looking chrome ferrule), or NMJ6HF-S (regular thread and black nut). Take your pick!

Peace,
Al.

Thanks for all of the advice. I'll send you an email Bryan. I should be able to just solder the wires to the PCB pins. Not as strong, but should work ok.

Matt

Back