can someone recommend some free schematic/PCB software?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="NewYorkDave"]Yeah, that's the one--a nine-pin octal. (I know that sounds like an oxymoron, but that's the standard term for it).

Hey, is the pinout printed on the can? Could you post it? I have other nine-pin mic input transformers, but I'm not sure the pinout is the same as the Newcomb (and I haven't had a chance to trace out the Newcomb's sockets).
[/quote]

Yes it is on the can. Sure I will post it when I get home. If I forget just email me or sumpin.

[quote author="NewYorkDave"]Good tip! However, it appears that that feature is disabled in Orcad Lite :mad:[/quote]
Hmmm... I actually did it before I posted.

Capture CIS Lite Edition 10.0.0.s001
File->Export Design->DXF->OK

[quote author="kubi"][quote author="kiira"]Hey that worked beeyoooteefool! Check it out

http://www.2tough.com/~kiira/rec/micpre.jpg[/quote]

Kiira, that's a nice and simple design, I like it, but isn't a 5µF cap between the stages unnecessarily big, is it?
[/quote]

Hi Kubi,

Thanks! I wanted to make something VERY simple which would sound good and allow me to use pretty good quality parts.

I could replace it with a 2 microfarad or 2.2 sure. This was the first thing I designed and I wanted as little bass rolloff as possible for my voice which will sound kinda thin sometimes, so I made the output caps on the stages overly large. I may put in some switches when I rebuild it soon to switch in a .33 and a .68 ito give some flexibility on rolling off the bass, and also maybe some variation in the bias resisters to underbias some especially if I use 12ax7s instead of the 6072s... some distortion and lowered headroom would be what I was making. It is 5 years old now and I want to rearrange things.

Back