GSSL: where to get parts uk?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaotao

Yo. About ready to buy parts for GSSL, into the deep end. I have Kev Ross' Jaycar list, are there others about? UK?

got mine at profusion (all semiconductors), there are also some 21XX for sale at the black market.
Better off Farnelling resistors capacitors etc.
Did Mark Burnleys fab list of UK suppliers get reposted here??

Rapid is by far the cheapest I have found, they don't have everything but you can get the rest from farnell.

http://www.rapidelectronics.co.uk

and is rapid also fast? can you give us a hint on howmuch they're cheaper as the others? Farnell is expensive from what i remember

If you order before 5 (I think) they will deliver next day (free for orders over £25).

The good thing is that you can buy almost everything in any amount, and for the same price as larger quantities (check their prices)! That is really great when you need one small capacitor or something for 2p!

The only thing that I am not sure you can buy in small quanitities are resistors. I however ordered a "start pack" 1% metal film the first time I ordered, it cost about £7 for 1000 in different values. After that I have completed with the values I need or run out of. I buy 100 1% metal film resistors for £1.20!

They are really great and frequently used by most of UK's synth diy people ( after recommendations from oakleysound.co.uk )

Robert

Jonathan,

I updated and re-posted that list here:

UK Suppliers

Farnell are my favourite for most stuff, but ESR are cheap and quick for the basics R's and C's etc. MODE are amazing for hard-to-find semis.

:thumb:

Mark

[quote author="jaotao"]twin-x i'd like to see you're parts list[/quote]

It's not 100% but it will do:

http://www.twin-x.com/troep/rapid_ssl_clone.xls

Latest posts

Back