My G9 run on only ONE channel and phantom problem.... help!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macwifiste

Hello,

I ' am looking for how to wire the XLR input and output in order to avoid ground problem and RF. I must join all the pin 1 of XLR together??? Anybody have a wiring shema? Please help me.

Sorry for my bad english... :oops:

Vinz

Phisical location of I/O is important.
Try to keep in and out jacks close.
Yes, I realize that this seems wrong for various reasons, but it usually works.

You can see the white coats knew this little trick:

io_layout.jpg

Thanks CJ, I don 't have understood your shema, but my G9 run but run only on one channel :shock:

To resume :

On channel 1, it s ok with instru, line and mic BUT the phantom power is strange... I read only 40V when I trim in max and I listen crakle when P48 is activated.

On channel 2, nothing, not sound, but 4 tubes are heated. If channel 1 run, the power supply it's ok I think.

Can you help me? I will try to connect the front PCB of channel 1 on main pcb channel 2 to see. :oops: I think, I will find for the channel 2 but for the phantom power , it's really strange... :oops:

My phantom power is OK now, I read 48 V after trim and no crakle and noise, I replace a cap and make new good soldering, but the channel doesn t still work and the channel 1 have lower gain now ! :shock:

I will find...

check the wires from main board to control board. that's where my problem was with similar symptoms...

Thanks, I think to! But I have lower gain than G9's friend. My friend measure 248V on big filter cap wherehas I measure in my G9 only 220V. I will replace transfo to see what's happend. G9's friend has amazinz sound!!!! We used it for a live performance with only SM58 and wouuahhhhhhh :thumb: :thumb: SM58 sounded like a great static!!! So thank you jakob for your product!!! Later, if I was rich, I will buy your product!!! And this summer I will make an intenrship in a big recordig studio, I will show this preamp to the sound engeener!!!

Back