G9 Woes? -- Novice

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R. Weiss

Well here we go. This being my first DIY project, things have come along well. The G9 lays on my desk, but I do believe it is not acting properly. I'm registering 18VAC at the power transformer input, where it should be 15VAC. (One terminal says 5VAC, the other says 23VAC, together they come to 15; is this how it's normally measured?). Is 18V acceptable, or does it have to be 15? Also, at the other 15VAC terminal header near C14/15, I'm getting the same thing, and at the C14/C15 terminal header, both positive terminals also read 18VAC where they should be 245VAC. I had thought that I shorted IC2 and T1, so I replaced them, but I'm getting the same thing. I'm not quite sure where to start troubleshooting here. The only reference voltages I have besides the above are for IC2, and each lead of IC2 reads 18VAC as well. Everything in the power supply section reads 18VAC for that matter. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Ryan

Latest posts

Back