Finished Racking My Spectra Sonics 101 Cards

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cannikin

After many trials (explosions and hair pulling) I finally got my 101 cards racked.

Wow I really like the sound of these... The Triad A67j and HS-66 Help in that regard :razz:

SS1.jpg

SSback.jpg

SSside.jpg

SStop.jpg

Thanks To Matta, Neeno, Joe (JLM) and Everyone else that helped to set me straight on this project!

Nice work. I had some caps blow up and make a mess on my first jlm power pcb. how do they sound?

well, it's kindof a loud pop, followed by some sizzle as the liquid comes out.

:razz:

ju

[quote author="fum"]well, it's kindof a loud pop, followed by some sizzle as the liquid comes out.
[/quote]

ha, ha, ha......ha

David !
This is some seriuous DIY racking job ! :thumb:
Well done dude ! :grin:

P.S.:
Did you fixed the grounding problem ?
How did you connected your input xformer ? 150:600 or 600:600 ?

Hey thanks Guys.

Neeno -

I wired the input 1:1 600 Ohm

The grounding issue was not problem after connecting the 101 ground wires as in matta's diagram.

For The output transformer as soon as I connected one of the primaries to ground - I instantly had sound.. which was cool.

I got a couple more I have to wire up.. this time I'm adding the 1K dual Log that Joe suggested.

do you guys have any suggestions for the clicking sound when changing the feedback resistor using the rotary switch?

thanks again
David

Hey David,

Well done! They look great. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, been on tour and having Forum withdrawl.

What a neat job! The rack is sweet indeed. I'm glad you got it all worked out.

So do you like they sound? I love mine... I just wish I could get them back, loaned them to a friend and waiting for them to come home.

Cheers

Matt

Hey i'm here racking mines.....i'm using OEP input and wondering few things like using an output transformer and a Rev Log in there?

Would any 600:600 output work? and a 50K Rev log would be okay?

thanks.

I pretty sure any 1:1 600 output will rock, it just depends what flavor you want. Not sure about the 50K reverse log though, I used exactly what Joe told us to do... 1k dual audio on input, it worked amazingly, after that I didn't have the need to do anything else.

if you haven't experienced the SS yet.. your gonna really dig these.

that was fast!
I have some MCI output ones on sigth and....1K dual on input?
how did you wire it? did you leaved in the resistors in the feedback gain?

I just figured it about the 1K dual...now do i still need the 3 resistors from Pin K to Feedback (L)

i read that a few times but it seems that people used only the resistors switch.
anyways. i cant find any dual 1k audio pot.
any clues?

yeah! i cant order from Mouser neither wont spend 30 or more for a pot.
I'm gonna use a 50K Log pot.!
Thank you.

Latest posts

Back