transformer recommendations (new to group here)...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibsonripper

Hello,
(First post)
I am building my first preamp (I've built many effects pedals, some complex and have 15 years experience as a technician in the pro-audio field).

Here's what's on my mind > I want to build some preamps for my own studio. I have most of the know-how, resources, etc. However, I don't know the transformer market very well.

Before I go spending a lot of money on Jensens (which I am sure are great), is there another alternative as a less expensive transformer for input / output for my preamp design? see > http://rockstudio.com/jpg/JFPsmall.jpg for reference.

I am on a low budget--but would still consider Jensen so as not to compromise the quality of my preamp...

Thanks for any help, advice, feedback, etc. !

Look at the top of the page, Click the "Meta-Meta" link and check out the transformers meta, it should answer most of your questions, or at least direct you to spacific transformers to ask questions about. Once you have spacific transformers to ask questions about check out the search function, that will most likely answer the rest of your questions. If not you can post and ask a more direct question that can be given a much better answer.

adam

Back