parametic eq mounted on a push-pull pot?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James HE

May seem like a crazy idea. I'm a total noob so I have no clue. This would be for an acoustic guitar that I have. It currently uses a magnetic pickup, and has a passive volume and tone control. The tone control is pretty useless. I wish it was a sweepable notch filter. I'm thinking it would be great to have a push-pull knob that would allow me to sweep a range of frenquencies (on the pull) and then cut / boost (on the push) Just a single parametric band. (I find myself wanting to cut some mid frequecy always) There's plenty of room inside an acoustic guitar, so could this be a passive circuit that is wired up to the pot itself? Or on a circuit board that could be mounted in the guitar? If I could keep it all passive that would be great, but an active system is fine, especially if it can be phantom powered.

I've tried to search around to get an idea if this is even possible, but I know so little at this point that I haven't made proper searches (yet) I don't have much DIY experience, just getting intrested in this now.

You want a concentric pot I think, two sepereate pots in one hole. There is alot on parametric eqs here on the board, check out the Meta-Meta and Search links at the top of the page.. It should get you on your way. There has been at least one discusion on this quite recently, went into the math for tuning them and everything. Try searching for "gyrator" as well.

adam

Back