On Line Saved Parts Order Lists

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siegfried Meier

I think it would be a good idea to start a thread where we could list saved on line parts lists for Digikey and others so that it's a simple click and order process. It takes me forever online to find exact caps for the projects listed here. They could be modified to include other types and quantities. For example, here's one for the A*P*I 312 for Digikey that I've started:

Web ID: 9569728
Access ID: 33534

I'd love to get 1 for the S*S*L 9k pres if anyone has it.

Just a thought.
Siegfried

(just kidding) :)

Really, it's a great idea.
Can we do something like this with Mouser too?
Maybe we should keep the orders in a large "meta style" thread.

When I get these 1081s running, I was going to see if I could export the Mouser parts lists for all interested parties. That is still a ways away tho...

Hmmm I guess the catch is that anyone who adds items to this list will change it indefinitely. Is there some way to save it as a complete list, so that it can't be changed?

Siegfried

I've thought about this before, but I honestly think the best way is to just use the BOM import option on both Digikey and Mouser.
they are very simple, just a copy and paste from a spreadsheet.

Mouser has a cool feature. the project manager. If you open a web account you can save project files with all the parts listed. Then, whenever you want, you can just order all the parts for that project with one click. It would be great if they let you actually send this file to a friend, but that feature is not avaiable yet..

my 2 cents
Gil

I've saved parts lists at mouser before just to find parts have been superceded to other numbers. So I don't think it would be of much use if they were to change all the time. Not to mention half of the fun is working off of the BOM. :shock: :roll:

Matt

I think it's a great idea. Being new to the whole DYI, it would be a great time save to have the part lists available in one place.

I'd be willing to host the lists up on my server if y'all want...

Yeah, it was a neat idea but I'm seeing the problems with it now. Well, as long as we can get BOM's in Excel sheets with Digikey and Mouser numbers for all the major units, I'm happy.

That being said, I have the originial SSL 9k BOM, but is there one with Digikey and Mouser part numbers?

[quote author="BR"]I've thought about this before, but I honestly think the best way is to just use the BOM import option on both Digikey and Mouser.
they are very simple, just a copy and paste from a spreadsheet.
Gil[/quote]

Where exactly is this import option?? I've never seen it.

Thanks,
Siegfried

Latest posts

Back