Funny mixing desk symbols (again)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebra50

Hi,
I asked this before and got some good information, but I forgot to write it down & now it's too late! Can someone please remind me what these symbols mean, paricularly the wiggle and the witch-on-a-bicycle:

symbol.jpg

Thanks
Stewart

What are you like Stewart eh? :wink:

I believe it was Michael (MIG 27?) who gave you the info last time, if he's not here you can pm him through Gearslutz. If your Googling skills know how to get the original post, this is the url:

http://www.recording.org/postlite18427-mystery&.html;sid=e4c0f30d2f07c9164186b839668460c1

Thanks for the pin-info btw!

Justin

I think the one on the right, which is a circle with a vertical line on the left side is a mic input selector.

The left symbol which is 2 wavey lines with a line through the lower one is a high pass filter.

Thanks guys!
Currently, switch 2 swaps between mic and line inputs. (J - I have line input on pin 5, btw). Left is low cut. Right does little that I can tell.
Stew

O.K. the post is a bit older but still I seem to be the only one with the manual :cool: :
I think we are talking about Kanalverstärker KV 80/1, right? The KV80 is slighly different (very slightly only).

It has 3 inputs (=Eingänge -> E):
E1: >1kOhms symmetrical for -74dBu to +22dBu Levels (the transformer-coupled input - pins AB5 and AB3)
E2: >220kOhms asymmetrical for -44dBu to +6dBu Levels (behind the transformer - pin AB9)
E3: >3kOhms asymmetrical for -4dBu to +22dBu Levels (This is the Insert's return - pin B21)

It has 2 outputs (=Ausgänge -> A):
A1: pre Fader +6dBu / Load >600 Ohms (Insert send - pin A21)
A2: post Fader +6dBu, Load >150 Ohms (pin AB27)

at over +6dBu (trimable with R61) the Overload-LED lights up

The Fader has a Fader-start-functionality

The three switches are:
- Lowcut on/off (55Hz)
- Input select (E2 / E1)
- Phantom-power on/off

funny thing about the phantom-power is that the output is dependent on the current-draw +12V or +48V...

The unit needs 24V / max. 45mA (AB23 is +24 and AB29 is 0V) and for the Phantompower it needs +100V / max. 3,5mA (!) (pin A17)

any more questions?

Chris

Ah, btw. I think the signal-flow is interrupted between A1 and E3. So if there is nothing inserted both should be connected together.

These symbols are very cryptic. However if you watch the movie The Davinci Code you will recognize these symo;s as ancient ones from the freemasons. The top button is the sacred feminine button. Push it and you might get lucky. Second button is the symbol for wind. Audio wise it does nothing other than add a gentle wind song for those of us craving a more peacful zen like recording. The two symbols with circles and arrows is a very ancient symbol.Unfortunatley the meanings get lost in translation. Pray often and you might be enlightened! Finally the last switch, a circle and a line. This switch is almost like a placebo for the performer. Notify them that you have pushed this switch and their performance takes on a new level of confidence.

Latest posts

Back