Neve V3 pot/switch

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thestudio

Does anyone know where I can find a Clarostat pots/switches other than Neve which charges $71 for one? This pot/switch is the gain pot and the phantom switch on the mic pre for a V3.

I will never purchase Neve or SSL product that has custom parts again!

:mad:

Have a nice chat to Geoff Daking?
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rec.audio.tech/browse_thread/thread/94ac5681efed2555/602a25c87322e11e?lnk=st&q=Clarostat+neve&rnum=2&hl=en#602a25c87322e11e

Sounds like the Dakking order was for the AUX SEND pots in the Neve 80 Series and SSL 4k, 6k. Although the SSL part has an extra wiper for TR, and the assby. had a Schadow, I mean Cannon, Uh, I mean Tyco DPDT on the back. The V3 is two or three Claro stacks.

http://catalog.sensing.honeywell.com/VSG_compare.asp?FAM=potentiometersSG&ITEMLIST=673471,673476,673477,673482,673488,673489

Check with a local Honeywell distributor, and see if they still offer custom pots made using the "Clarokit" family of elements. I had a batch of Neve center detent line trim pots for an 8078 made about 7 years ago, and they made a batch of 100 for about $20 per. I got enough for two consoles plus spares.
There must be a V series support group out there. Good luck. Try Westlake Studios. They are tops, and may have a solution.
Mike

what console doesnt have custom parts in it? fantasy console maybe.

shit, I have to place a custom order just to find dual 10K panpots and there's nothing esoteric about those at all...

davve

soundguy,

There are many consoles that have low cost pots and not one that cost $72 which is a small Clarostat 388 line. It's expensive because it's Neve. Sure if I need a 1081 gain switch I can purchase some from Elma which is still cheaper with twice the material, size, quality.... :wink:

Blah

rlaury,

The part number is PT30007 maybe you know of a better source than Neve :?:

Thanks for the Help

Back