Amek Angela group mute problem

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Val_r

Hi,
The problem is whenever the group mute switch (in the master strip) is pressed. I hear a pop from the audio outputs.
The group mute buss should only supply the 12v for the relays in the muting circuitry of each channel strip.

Why do I hear this thump? Which are the possible causes? (faulty relay, or diode)
Should I remove the strips one by one, or is there a better way to isolate the problem?
Did anyone experience the same problem? Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Val.

Hi Val

Contact Martin Arthurs at Harman Intl.

Martin was a tech/engr. for Amek in UK and a darn nice guy to work with.

here is his email - responses are slow because he is the only one supporting Amek on West Coast , USA

Send your questions to him , but do not overload his email he is very busy lad.

[email protected]

Cheers

Thanks Maxwall !

I will contact him.

In the meantime... Is there anyone who experienced the same problem? Any suggestion?

Hi Val!
Are every channel mute working?
They are assigned to master mute?

Bye,
Nickos

PS: do you know where to find the mute relays? I have the same desk but I can't find them anymore... The pin layout is very different by the modern ones... Thanks!

[quote author="Nickos"]Hi Val!
Are every channel mute working?
[/quote]

No, but I removed the non-working strips, and still hear thumps when pressing the master mute !

They are assigned to master mute?

Yes.

You can still hear thumps when any channel is assigned to master mute?

(You know where to find mute relays? I can't find them anymore...)

The relays were made obsolete years ago. We manufacture a replacement which can be used on the A10 modules in either the channel or monitor mute positions.
www.audiomaintenance.com/downloads/aml-16-001.jpg

We stock pots, switches, faders, capacitor kits, extenders etc for the angela.

www.audiomaintenance.com/pdf/a10.pdf
www.audiomaintenance.com/pdf/a20.pdf
www.audiomaintenance.com/pdf/a30.pdf

www.audiomaintenance.com/pdf/muteswitches.pdf
www.audiomaintenance.com/pdf/angela_extender_set.pdf

Also make a modification which allows the line trim control to be disengaged and set by a preset trimmer (so you can set the line gains to be fixed at exactly unity).

Colin
[email protected]

[quote author="Nickos"]You can still hear thumps when any channel is assigned to master mute?
[/quote]

Yes,
I do not hear thumps only when no channel or a small group of channels are assigned to group master mute.
When all channels are assigned, I hear a pop each time I press the Master Mute, and each time I press again to switch the mute off.

Any suggestion?

Back