Sick Dolby 361

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daArry

Hey...

A matey picked up a couple of ebay but they aint powering up. I've had a look inside and poked around with the dmm but I can't get any voltages anywhere when the mains is switched on...

Anyone with one of these had this problem before or know what to check/look for? Could the psu traffo be fooked? A schemo would be handy :)

Thanks,

D

EDIT: Right, found the wires running from the mains traffo to the main ckt board and unsoldered them. Tried turning on the power (measuring between center tap and one of the two ac wires) and I only get like 0.5V...

So i guess first thing is to find out what kind of psu transformer is needed and test again with that...anyone know the spec?

The transformer should produce a nominal 19v AC which is then full wave rectified to produce a nominal 24v DC.

This is used to power the lamps and relays - with all the precision regulation required being carried out on the Cat 22 (or other) noise reduction module itself from this raw supply.

I have a PDF scan of this model I can sent to you - please PM me a real e-mail address.

Back