GSSL SuperSC board

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's cool, I have a working GSSL but haven't found the time to complete the prototype board :grin: I hope I'll get this running soon, really excited to check out the thrust filter. The highpass filter is already a very cool feature. Next up after that is the switchable dual sidechain ala orig. SSL, then I'll need another supersidechainfilterboard and a 2x12 switch :roll:

ssb.jpg

cheers, Marten

[quote author="martthie_08"]that's cool, I have a working GSSL but haven't found the time to complete the prototype board :grin:[/quote]

If you are near Cologne at Easter you're welcome to visit me. :guinness:
But only with a working GSSL. :razz: :wink:

Hi,

I have a working GSSL & Thrust Control PCB. But I don't know How to check that thrust & hp is working or how it effects the sound?

Regards
Dinesh

[quote author="sonicwarrior"]
Which PCB? The one I've redrawn?[/quote]

Nope, The one I have redrawn :green: :thumb:

Here is PIC:

ThrustPCB.jpg

Regards
Dinesh

[quote author="dinesh"]
Nope, The one I have redrawn :green: :thumb:[/quote]

Well, your layout is a bit different. So if your PCB works it doesn't mean, that my PCB works. I won't make a batch on this base.

But as everyone draws own PCBs I think no one needs a batch anyway.

[quote author="12afael"]haha :grin: then there are 3 pcb designs??[/quote]

Yes, You are right. But all based on your design :grin:

Thanks to you, thanks to clintrubber & Stephen for their inputs :grin: :thumb:

Dinesh

all you have to do is:
psu the filterboard
aplay some audio to its input
monitor output (pc speakers would do)
turn the switch to hear the action
you will lose bass

i have mine checked this way and it worked

:thumb:

[quote author="sonicwarrior"]But as everyone draws own PCBs I think no one needs a batch anyway.[/quote]
Let's hope there are even many more: from people who just slammed this circuitry on Vero :twisted:

:thumb:

Bye & happy GR-ing,

Peter

[quote author="dinesh"]Hi,

I have a working GSSL & Thrust Control PCB. But I don't know How to check that thrust & hp is working or how it effects the sound?

Regards
Dinesh[/quote]
A first thing you could do is to check the filter-transfer (with a computer & the free RMAA-program for instance).
As in: the 'reversed' thrust circuit I designed & posted was born in simulations - but as far as I can tell no-one has ever verified/measured an actual real-life version of it (with component tolerances etc) w.r.t. its filter-transfer.

There's little reason to doubt its correctness though. And an eventual curve-ripple due to tolerances will be too small to matter.
But at least you can verify if you haven't soldered in a wrong cap value; such mistakes are most likely and won't be catched unless your G-SSL sounds really goofy.

Step-by-step !

Enjoy,

Peter

Vero is out of competition. :wink:

A batch with 50 PCBs would cost only around 8 Euro per PCB, so why slogging with Vero? (PCB looks better, is easier to debug, has designators on it ...) :cool:

[quote author="sonicwarrior"]Vero is out of competition. :wink:

A batch with 50 PCBs would cost only around 8 Euro per PCB, so why slogging with Vero? (PCB looks better, is easier to debug, has designators on it ...) :cool:[/quote]
Vero obviously sounds better :twisted:
And you can go from back-of-envelope design to PCB in just a few hours. And best of all, no software required :thumb:

is easier to debug
No !

I do think that everybody starting with software PCB-designs for 'fabrication' should have done at least a few Vero-jobs, preferrably without any advance planning. That's the way you learn.

I'll leave this rest now, etched PCBs do have certain advantages of course.

Cheers,

Peter

Hi

I Can do the SuperSC PCB in $10USD and the minimum quantity is 20 & if we can make 50 then the price will be $8usd.

Regards
Dinesh

Now that it's not unlikely that there will be 'production' of SC-boards:

I'd (strongly) suggest NOT to use words like thrust, the patent number, the original company from which this circuit was etc etc on the PCB-labelling.

Let's stay out of any eventual trouble. Since you never know where these PCBs can pop up - for instance even in Malkjos (sp?) his eBay G-SSLs and we don't want to give him an opportunity to use the thrust label on a board as a selling point, right ?

Cheers,

Peter

[quote author="clintrubber"]
I'd (strongly) suggest NOT to use words like thrust, the patent number, the original company from which this circuit was etc etc on the PCB-labelling.

Let's stay out of any eventual trouble. Since you never know where these PCBs can pop up - for instance even in Malkjos (sp?) his eBay G-SSLs and we don't want to give him an opportunity to use the thrust label on a board as a selling point, right ?

Cheers,

Peter[/quote]

Hi Peter,

I wasn't aware of that. My apologies for this. Should I edit my message?

Regards
Dinesh

Latest posts

Back