GSSL SuperSC board

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have searched alot but don't seem to find it directly

I have a gssl with turbo mod and 2x super sidechain boards
For the external key input can I wire one TRS jack in parrallel to the 2 super sidechain boards ?
Or do I need one external input ( TRS jack ) for each board  ?

sonicwarrior said:
I have no clue what you mean. :-\

I have a GSSL wit turbo board and 2 Super sidechain boards (left and right sidechain)

So then you have two key inputs. (external side chain input) on the SS pcb's

Can I use one input (trs) for the two  boards so wiring 1  input jack to the 2 boards.

Hello all!!! I have the4 GSSL with the SSC MOD. I am done with it! I have 2 major problems i really need help with! The left side channel is not receive any audio but the right channel is! Also i am not seeing any compression nor do i hear any :( .... the meter is set up from the main pcb control panel not from the ssc pcb. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! I WILL BE POSTING PICS BELOW

Hallo ,

just finished a gssl and it´s working.
Now its time to go on the mods: 2SSC boards an switchable Turbo Board.
There remain a few Questions:

1. Do i have to wire the Com, Off, On, Pota, Potb form the main switchboard to the first SSC Board and from the first SSC Bord to the second Board (parallel)? If yes, do i need the relay on the second SSC Board ?

2. What Rotary switch do you recommend to switch the Sidechain 8 Positions (Ext, Off, 60, 90, 130, 200, TM, TL) on two Sidechainboards? Is it a 2 Pole, 2 Deck 8 way? I can´t find anything like this.
Thanks a lot

Hey Guys,

I've got this old original Gyraf GSSL PCB that I've built up with two gold cans DBX VCA's and I would like to add the SuperSC board... but I can't find it anywhere!

I could make it myself if I could find a PCB layout, or even the schematics...

I've really looked everywhere, seems like it has vanished..

The suggested? 40Hz was a quick shot to fill up the gap for a useless doubled filter bypass. Next easiest try could be a wide bandpass with 6dB/oct.rolloff slope by additional inverting opamp stage. Rfb maybe 10k with 2 paralleled 2n2 (=4n4) caps for 3K6 LPF with Rin 10K for unity gain or lower value resistor for your wanted boost to your liking. Don't make Rin smaller than 680R to not upset the driving stage. Opamp out connects to a maybe 68nF for 200Hz HPF, other side of cap connects to your switch position.
Lots of ways to shave the cat, look up sallen-key filters for a different approach.
Skipped the 40Hz setting but built two bandpass filters (per channel) on veroboard and can confirm that they need lower resistor values for boosting the signal to make the settings comparable to the other filter settings ;)

Latest posts

Back