Yet another *-Bloak layout. Any interest?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EZ81

For use in a headphone amp, i tried a different take on the Gain/BigBloak and it seems to work OK. Is there any interest in further documentation (layout, EAGLE files, ...)?

Excuse the ugly pics...

The output transitors are on the solder side for heatsinking, Of course they could just as well be mounted on the front as usually.

Rounded traces for a true 70s sound :green:

The heatsink/PCB holder i used is a 36 mm piece of 25*15*2mm aluminum (EUR 4/meter)

The complete assebly, ready to be bolted+soldered to a PCB:

The slightly changed schematic:

There is only one bypass cap between V+ and V- because i intend to use it with single supply 48V from a wall wart. The feedabck resistor is included on the board (some space left :green: )

The (not completely up to date) layout:

Any comments welcome :thumb:
;Matthias

I don`t know what this do but you are an eagle expert!!
rounded traces , and that lateral drawing . :shock:

I love it! That edge connector arrangement is fantastic. Like others I am dazzled by your command of Eagle. I am interested in all things Bloak. :green:

Alright! Sweet form factor. If I could get the DCBloak to fit, I'd make it compatible. Alas, methinks she's too big. :sad: Although, DCB might fit in a double-decker arrangement... hmmm :idea:

Which reminds me, I've gotta get off my butt, finish the final remaining details, and post the results.

Thanks for the comments :thumb: and sorry for the delay :?

@ radiance: It is just a BigBloak V1 with some part changes (and the included feedback resistor), but IIRC the input FET used in the original BigBloak is pin compatible to the BC550C and R6 could easily be replaced by the constant current diode.

I put together a few files on this page.

Thanks tkh@lmi for a great design :green:

;Matthias

Latest posts

Back