Using Lazertran in the Netherlands

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radiance

Hi,

I'm about to finish my SSL clone. The last thing left to do is the frontpanel which I want to do with Lazertran paper.
I bought the paper, made the front panel design..... but I can't find a copy shop in the Netherlands who is willing to let me copy on the Lazertran paper. They are either scared that the paper will jam the copy machine or they think the machine gets to hot (without telling me exactly how hot :mad: :mad: :mad: ).

Is there anybody who has experience in using Lazertran paper in Holland or who has experienced the same kind of trouble?

Either you don't tell them what lazertran is... or you do it like i did... go to your company where you're working everyday... use the copy maschine or colour printer... and don't talk about it (at least if theres smoke in the maschine) :green:

Look at the brand name of the copy maschine for temperature!

There is a FAQ on the lazertran site:

Which Photo Copiers can be used with Lazertran Papers?

All Canon, Xerox, Minolta, Ricoh and these machines badged under other names. Desk top laser printers that work are QMS and Tektronics provided they fuse at 180 degrees C or less. Alps printers work but you will need our hand made interleaved Lazertran which is the same cost as regular Lazertran.

The key is temperature. Our papers run at a fusing temperatureof 180 degrees C, or lower

Desktop Lazer printers, or Lazerjet printers can run at higher temperatures than this and are so numerous we are unable to test them all. It is safer that you stay with those recommended.

If you have a problem with that... just try the inkjet version:

http://www.lazertran.com/inkjet.html

Please post pictures and infos... if you've got experience with lazertran. I tried lazetran, but didn't have succes with it. Maybe it is nice if you want to make small black letters... but with bigger black areas it don't look fine... but maybe i'd done something wrong..!?

http://www.nrgrecording.de/html/lazetran.html

Regards,
Frank.

[quote author="kubi"]I'm glad, there's an inkjet version, I have no laser printer.
Frank, do you know a source for Lazertran sheets in Germany?
kubi[/quote]

I'd looked everywhere for a source in germany... nothing...
So i ordered it from the UK. But the sheets aren't really heavy so the
shippings costs are low. :wink:

for europe ask: [email protected]

Thanks for the replies.

I will post pictures of the Lazertran proces, in fact I will post pictures of the whole SSL building proces of corse.... and small black letters is all I need.

@Frank: did you try it another time after you let the aluminum panel in the oven too long (I had a look at your nice webside....)?

[quote author="radiance"]did you try it another time after you let the aluminum panel in the oven too long ?[/quote]

I tried it with some sheets. But i expected a total shiny surface. The lettering was ok but i tried to test if the surface becomes more unvisibly. I couldn't achieve that.

It is possible to remove the rest of the decal with chemicals (but be careful with that)

Steven Thomas uses fine wire wool abrasive cream after the panel is dried. (haven't tried this, but seems to work good)

Steven Thomas's webpage:
http://monopole.ph.qmw.ac.uk/~thomas/synthdiy/frontpanel.htm

[quote author="nrgrecording"]
It is possible to remove the rest of the decal with chemicals (but be careful with that)
[/quote]

I plan to do just that. Since I'm working with A4 Lazertran paper I have to cut the frontpanel design in two pieces and print them on one A4 paper. then I have to cut them out and fit them together so if I don't remove the rest of the decal there will be a visible line where the two pieces of the front panel meet.

Which Photo Copiers can be used with Lazertran Papers?

All Canon, Xerox, Minolta, Ricoh and these machines badged under other names. Desk top laser printers that work are QMS and Tektronics provided they fuse at 180 degrees C or less.

QMS is a Mobile company. Not that anyone cares (there's so few that I have to give props when i see them)

Thanks you all.

@Twin-X: where did you go with your Lazertran? A ordinary copy shop?
I'm from Den Haag and I'm willing to travel to get things done.

[quote author="radiance"]Thanks you all.

@Twin-X: where did you go with your Lazertran? A ordinary copy shop?
I'm from Den Haag and I'm willing to travel to get things done.[/quote] I used a laser printer from my work.

Mail me your design and wishes and i will make you one. I have plenty a4 left ;) You can send me clean sheets back if you like.

Thanks Twin-X!
Can you PM me your email address and maybe your address as well so I can sent you the Lazertran papers plus a floppy with the design.

Did you do your Lazertran papers on a lazer printer?
I thought that was not possible but who knows?
I have paper which is for use with colour photocopiers. Do you have the same? Is it possible to lazer print on this paper?

[quote author="radiance"]Thanks Twin-X!
Can you PM me your email address and maybe your address as well so I can sent you the Lazertran papers plus a floppy with the design.

Did you do your Lazertran papers on a lazer printer?
I thought that was not possible but who knows?
I have paper which is for use with colour photocopiers. Do you have the same? Is it possible to lazer print on this paper?[/quote]I have exactly the same paper. Trust me i just did trail and error (shit my pants doing it but it worked)

I will pm you!

i used a heat gun to get rid of most of the shiny surface. i don't think it melts away, but gets mixed in with the paint better.
sanding dulled the clear stuff, so i gave upon that.

has anyone out there done the graphics for an exact replica frontpanel of a SSL clone?
sorry if I am a little late on this

Back