need a tech who can repair dbx 165vu

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electric

hi,
anyone out there know somebody in the states who repairs dbx 165vu's? are these units difficult to debug/fix? looks like i got a lemon on ebay. i have contacted the seller but my gut says he is a snake and will cut and run. i dont see how you sell a non functioning unit. the unit is in good cosmetic condition and passes audio but the compression circuit dials and output gain dial have no bearing on the audio. (the input threshold leds do adjust with threshold and the output meter moves however).

i could try to fix myself but dont have enough time. i do have another perfectly working 165vu unit in the studio which could serve as a helper for debugging.

regards,
electric

If I remember correctly, you need to strap the input (at the terminal strip on the rear) to the input of the sidechain (again on the strip) for it to function correctly. There's usually a factory installed metal jumper thing but they are often removed or lost...

hi,
thanks. yeah, its strapped in both spots the way my working unit is. this is a great point but i dont think this is the issue. (unless the contacts are not making a good connection)

electric

Latest posts

Back