Help needed with Eventide H949 Harmonizer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matta

Hi Guys,

I bought a couple second hand items off a studio, some real lemons, many don't even work... but that is a whole nother story...

One of the items is an Eventide H949 Harmonizer, which seems to semi work.

I've never used one before, but I think I have the jist of it.

If anyone has one or similar, maybe then can answer my questions.

From what I gather the unit has a hard bypass and the in is connected to the out when the 'link' button is not switched in, when switched in the unit is active.

So from there I put a source signal in, and adjust the input level, the repeat button seems to sample a VERY small signal source and loop it, should you feel the need.

On the back of the unit you have 1 input, and 2 outputs. Main out and Delay out, on my unit I can only seem yo get the Main out to work, not the Delay out, even with the DLY ONLY feedback set to full, main out doesn't seem to be problem.

The function select switch changes from the delay, random, flange and reverse options when out to the pitch shifting options when switched in, Algorithms select between various algorithms.

You have main output delay output in M secs which seems to add delay t the output signal, based on the switch selected.

I seem to have no problem with getting the Random, Flange to work, when switching between them, but switching to Reverse I get a chopped warbled sound that changes pitch when I move the manual control, set to manual, but nothing that resembles a reversed sound.

But as soon as I hit the delay switch, I get nothing, not output on either the Delay out, or Main out, this doesn't seem right? Shouldn't I be getting something?

When switching to pitch shifting I get sound on all the buttons.

Any ideas, I'm stumped on this one?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

I have an H910 that is sick also & it seems the DBX compression/expansion cards have NO schematics or info available but I do have a H910 shcematic I bought a few months ago if you think it might help you. I'm not sure if the units are similar or not.

PM me your email & I'll send it if you want.

Kevin

Good luck, these things are a PITA.

Hi.

I have the full manual and service notes with schematics for the 949.
Only in paper form though.
Do you want me tp try and make you a copy??

Regards,
Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Thank you so much for the offer.

I've sent an e-mail to Eventide asking about the manuals and docs. They say they cost $25, but only US citizens can purchase over the web.

If you are able to make a copy that would be great, electronic form would be best, but it may be time consuming for you, if this is the case I understand.

My e-mail address is matt(@)matt-allison(dot)com.

Thanks again

Matt

Latest posts

Back