Schematic Solid state (2520) Pultec?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Radiance,

let us know if you have any luck. I'm researching building a mastering eq at the mo and would be interested in this topology,

cheers,
Ruairi

Dan told me the Schematic does not exist...OTOH, it should not be too hard to find out how to implement an 2520 opamp as gain make up stage.
I was just curious if there was a schematic...

I wouldn't be surprised if it looked something like this, with the familiar EQP filter section in front of it.

APIPultec.jpg

Thanks drpat :thumb:
I have a question though: what is the value of the U2M (the one between the + input of the 2520 and ground) cap? It reads 10 MMF ?

Thanks again!

[quote author="drpat"]
Since the Sowter inductors and Fabio's 2520 boards are now available, I've been wanting to attack this. However, I'm very indecisive about which trannys to use in place of the HS56V; that's a HUGE part of the sound.[/quote]

Sowter makes Triad HS-56 replacement trannies.

http://www.sowter.co.uk/specs/3603.htm

Those are 32 GBP.....

I'm building another Solid state one as well...this time with the 2520's and maybe the Sowters...
What about those sowter inductors? Do they contribute much to the sound? I'll first try some selfmade inductors I guess...

Latest posts

Back