Fairchild 658 hook up info anyone???

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twist Turner

I'm in the process of hooking all my gear up in my new location, and I'm having trouble with my Fairchild 658. There are no markings on the barrior strip indicating in/out/+/- ground, nothing. Anybody have a pdf file of the manual or know what is what. I did get it working but it was humming really loud so I have something wrong. At one time I did have it hooked up after recapping it and it was damn near dead quiet, unfortunatly I fogot to mark the strips(7 or 8 years ago)

what is a 658? never hard of that. I find it best to do pig tails off the barrier strips for such a reason. you know where you have the strip connect to an XLR with a lil bit of wire.

The 658 is a spring reverb.

Yeah I usually do pig tails off the barrior strips about 1/2 my gear is barrior strips only, even some of the early DBX 160x's only had barrior strips

Right. I have a fairchild conex 602. It has barrier strip only. The pinout might be the same as the 602 is stereo. I am assuming the plat is as well. I will look that up when I get back to the shop if anything it's a good place to start.

Latest posts

Back