Dumb Question.....sorry
« on: June 14, 2006, 07:45:34 PM »
I need to isolate an output jack for a splitter I'm putting together. Does anyone make a plastic or rubber gromit-type thingy that I could mount in between the metal chasis and the 1/4" jack? If not, what's the best way to do this? Thanks.


Dumb Question.....sorry
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 07:53:54 PM »
Absolutely. You can use nylon shoulder washers, as I did to isolate the Hi-Z input jack on my MILA-1 amplifier.

Pic 1

Pic 2

I got them from Mouser. I used 561-SW375 shoulder washers and 561-D37562 flat washers. Just punch a 1/2" hole, instead of 3/8".


Dumb Question.....sorry
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 08:08:06 PM »
That's perfect! Two questions though - Do you know what # (size) washers you used? Also, did you glue those in or just tension from the jack mount to keep them in? Thanks!


Dumb Question.....sorry
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 08:11:05 PM »
The part numbers are right there in my post.

No glue. The shoulder washer is a snug fit in a 1/2" hole, and the flat washer is held on by the jack nut.


Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
7 Replies
Last post March 08, 2005, 02:12:33 PM
by Bauman
1 Replies
Last post May 02, 2005, 02:28:11 PM
by zmix
29 Replies
Last post June 10, 2017, 03:42:48 PM
by sebastianzetin
5 Replies
Last post April 09, 2009, 02:52:28 AM
by PRR