dynamic mic problems please help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frob

i have a shure axs3 vocal mic first mic specs (as far as i know.)
its dynamic moving coil, lowZ, on/off switch, cardio. now for what i dont know; why it stoped working, truthfully i dont know how to truble shoot a dynamic mic(although its probably straight forward once you know which way is forward) its been used as a stage mic for live shows for around 4-5 years, we where doing some recording with it and shitching beetween songs it just stoped working no output ive tryed other cables and pres with the same result. my singer loves this mic and while i have a replacments shure its not this one and he of course "has to have his mic" so please help me with the trouble shooting.

Since you've already eliminated the cables and preamps as the source of the problem, the next step is to carefully disassemble the mic body and check the internal connections.

Maybe you'll get lucky and it'll be something really simple, like a bad on/off switch or a broken wire.

that i have already done and so far ive not not been lucky. i was going to test the coil(resistance) of the mic but i have no idea what it should be.

The resistance of the coil should be between some 50 and 1000 Ohms in most dynamic mics. Also you hould be able to hear a little bit of "scratching" from the membrane when Ohming it (the transducer will work as a speaker when you send current through it for measuring resistance)

Jakob E.

thanks ill check it agien tonight, with the simplisity of this mic coil-switch-xlr its ether dead or not. methinks its dead.

Latest posts

Back