yet another discrete opamp of old - Union Carbide

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emrr

Hi,

I've got a couple of Union Carbide H 6000 A 'general purpose operational amplifiers' I need to experiment with soon. Does anyone happen to have any information on them or experience with them?

They have a pin configuration that matches the 2520 / 990 in size, but the overall block dimensions are wider and thinner, at 1.5" by 1.5" by 3/8". They are marked with standard connections of:

+in
-in
pot
out
-15v
com
+15v

They also have individual serial #s.

Best to all,

Wow, sinking like a stone here. Nobody try all those 1970's discrete opamps at some point?

I have been thinking about picking up a pair of those myself. Though I have nothing to test them with. I do have some API 325's around, somewhere though. They're cheap enough to roll the dice on.

No info,but first what pops in my head is 'Too much gain'.
Definitley belongs to Great Threads Meta,if sombody ever makes that.
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=838&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=gain&start=0

Yes, the 'Too Much Gain' thread; a great read. I'll report back when I get the time to fire them up.

Thanks,

Post is so old I spent 2 days trying to find it again. :mad:

Popped one into a socketed Melcor opamp preamp and had a look at it and the Melcor opamp response with a RTA. Preamp in question had Beyer inputs on it and no output trans. The Melcor opamp showed a rising high freq. response (in the circuit), while the Union Carbide was rolling off the top faster than any opamp I've seen. Perhaps designed for unity operation? It seemed as quiet as the Melcor opamp.

Nothing more detailed to report. It neither showed the holy grail, nor let the smoke out. Just like most things. :razz: :thumb:

There's no smoke without fire !!

92385910.jpg

:green: [/i]

I was doing setup for NCAA basketball tournament press conference broadcast a few weeks back, and the main audio mixer went aflame. Good thing it was the day before it was needed, and could be replaced. The cool (hot?) thing was it died down a bit after being unplugged, and then the smoke picked up in intensity a half hour after being unplugged. We promptly left it on the sidewalk outside the facility.

Latest posts

Back