Power Supply for Kurzweil Keyboard

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrufino1

Hi, the keyboardist in my wedding band has a kurzweil pc-88 and its power supply gave out last weel. Apparently Kurzweil is having some problems and there are none available. Any ideas where he might find a 9.5 volt 2 amp power supply for his keyboard? We tried mouser, digikey, 8th street music, music 123, radio shack, etc. Thanks.

if it is an external swicter to plug, they are never very close to actual voltage. you could probably try a 10volt and the internal regs will handle it.

Thanks, I'm not sure on either of those answers. He is supposed to get back to me. The repairman that he was using told him to get a 12 volt 1 amp and that would work, does that sound right? It certainly didn't work last weekend, but later I found out that the outlet he was plugged into may be "funny." He had 3 non -working keyboards last weekend, long weekend in that respect for him. I will try to get the info and I appreciate the help so far.

12 is a bit high, and 1 amp wont work either. sometimes they wont power on without enough amps and sometimes youll kill the internal fuse of a lower amperage one.

Back