V676 DI-Input

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chriss

Dear Forum,

does anyone have an idea if and how it's possible to put an instrument-input to a V676 without plugging a DI-Box inbetween? I thought it could be possible if I go in after the Input-transformer or so. But what else would be necessary then? Any suggestions? If there is no chance for it: Any suggestions for a nice and cheap DI-Box?

best regards

Chris

Is it necessary to use a relay or would it be ok to bring the wiring out to a front panel switch or will this pick up too much garbage? Or drill the module faceplate and use a switching jack? I've been thinking about doing this to my V72 there is still some free space left inside the unit :grin:

Amongst other things I love this forum for it's quick response :!:

Thanks for the Info Kubi, but I'm afraid I have to deal with the a-version. I wasn't able to download the files from your page, so I can't compare the differences yet. I will give the download another try.

martthie! You won't drill any holes in this beauty, will you?!...

Chris.

I`ll try it using standard switch instead of relay keeping the cables as short as possible, I don`t want to drill the faceplate!

Synthi

@synthie: you can put the relay inside the amp and connect the pins to spare-pins of the amp-connector.

@kubi: I managed to download the V676-file and I guess it's quite similar just a few different R-values nefore the Electrolytic and this is 10µ instead of 1µ. I think I'll try your version.

Chris

Latest posts

Back