Front panel question (editing hpgl files)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godders

Is it possible to edit an hpgl file within front panel designer? (probably a stupid question, i'm pretty sure you can't).

I have a G9 front panel template (thanks to Frank at NRG recording) and I just need to make a really small adjustment to the scales. I'm not using a rotary switch for on/off so i just need to remove the 2 way dial for this from the hpgl engraving.

Any ideas how i can do this?

Cheers

Nick

I think I have done this before. Select the HPGL file on the front panel then use the ungroup command. You should be able to rearrange, delete, etc any portion of the HPGL file. Regroup all the elements again after the edit.

Kirk

[quote author="nwsoundman"]I think I have done this before. Select the HPGL file on the front panel then use the ungroup command. You should be able to rearrange, delete, etc any portion of the HPGL file. Regroup all the elements again after the edit.

Kirk[/quote]

...but it doesn't work when the HPGL was imported as only ONE file (that was Nick's problem)

But I think CJ has a nice tool to seperate HPGL scales.
(unfotunately it only works after the engraving process) :green: :green:

[quote author="nrgrecording"][quote author="nwsoundman"]I think I have done this before. Select the HPGL file on the front panel then use the ungroup command. You should be able to rearrange, delete, etc any portion of the HPGL file. Regroup all the elements again after the edit.

Kirk[/quote]

...but it doesn't work when the HPGL was imported as only ONE file (that was Nick's problem)

But I think CJ has a nice tool to seperate HPGL scales.
(unfotunately it only works after the engraving process) :green: :green:[/quote]

I did that to files I pulled from your site. Are they made up of more than one HPGL? I need to get home to a windows machine to see what I did to what. I did modify your 1176 panel the way I described.

Damn Macs. Can't do anything with front panels at the studios.

Kirk

[quote author="nwsoundman"]
I did that to files I pulled from your site. Are they made up of more than one HPGL? I need to get home to a windows machine to see what I did to what. I did modify your 1176 panel the way I described.

Damn Macs. Can't do anything with front panels at the studios.[/quote]

Hmm. Strange. I checked all 1176 files but the scales are all made as ONE hpgl file. Maybe you have a wonder-computer? :wink: Or changed the scales in corel and didn't noticed it? :green:

What about using these windows emulators? A friend is using that and it worked good. Not as fast as on a real windows computer but it was ok.

[quote author="nrgrecording"][quote author="nwsoundman"]

Damn Macs. Can't do anything with front panels at the studios.[/quote]

Hmm. Strange. I checked all 1176 files but the scales are all made as ONE hpgl file. Maybe you have a wonder-computer? :wink: Or changed the scales in corel and didn't noticed it? :green:

What about using these windows emulators? A friend is using that and it worked good. Not as fast as on a real windows computer but it was ok.[/quote]

Maybe I am just a nutcase? Actually I know I am. I will look into it what I did tonight.

Regarding the virtual PC thing, I need to just keep a secret PC laptop around. Windows is a dirty word that can't be spoken here.

Latest posts

Back