Wouldnt it be a good idea to make the META threads 'sticky'?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At first I was going to respond with, Absolutely! :thumb: Make 'em sticky. I guess the only dissadvantage is if there were too many it might be a bummer to have to scroll through them all to get to all the standard posts and new threads.

But if they weren't sticky, these subjects are popular enough that I'm sure they would naturaly be kicked up to the top, and if nobody was building it anymore it would gradually get burried. Sort of a survival of the fittest meta-threads. A quick search for meta would bring all the meta-threads to the forground if someone wanted to see them.

I also think would be nice is that any sticky that's all about a group order should include a pointer to the meta-thread related to project that the group order is for. Example would be the order of EL Panels, I had no idea what an EL Panel was until after reading through the thread I got the idea. So this would be nice to include meta-threads of subjects related to group orders.
Kelley

I'm not that much into sticky things.
The search function is great if you need something specific.

I'll go wash my fingers now :grin:

I have been thinking back and forth about this.

At first, yes, it seems logical to make them stick. But.

I don't like stickies.

I don't like that someone decides what is important to look at first in the forum (not even when it's me:)

And I don't like the way it clutters the overview of the forum. It takes away valuable screen real-estate at the place where focus is naturally greatest - the start of the thread.

As plexi says - let it be "survival of the fittest" - the threads active bumped to the top once in a while, by the moderator. The forgotten ones left in the foggy past...

Yes, it would be very easy to find the metas with a search.

..Just my thoughts..

You could leave the sticky on until they haven't been active for a certain amount of time then you could put them into a "retired sticky" or archive forum.

I just now realize that - D'Oh! off course - meta's can be used also to keep track of external links important to the subject..:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=155

Jakob E.

I am not a real big fan of the stickies either.
If somthing has to be a stickie hopefully only for a certain period of time is best as noted above. The Meta thread is a great idea. The "Search"
function *should* make the Meta(s) easy to locate.

my .02$

I'd rather not see them as stickies. For some reason it always bothers me when there's stickies...although sometimes I guess it's required. So is a dead sticky just tacky?? :green:

Bjorn

Latest posts

Back