Yet another passive summing box! (Pics Included)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could I get a quick explanation of the reason for the 'shunt' resistors between the tip and ring of each channel?  I don't see these in either NYD or Forsell's schematics.  What are these achieving?  Thanks.

Valery said:
Summig.jpg

I'll tried to check this idea to, this is one of my experiments. It has two outputs one pair goes throuh transformers, another bypassed it.

Just Gorgeous Valery!

thanks for the all the tips here. i've builded one today. and its brilliant. thanks again people

sorry to dig up an old thread, but i plan to build a box basically identical to the O.P.'s.

so obviously you don't want to leave channels unused in this design but here is a newbie question...

i'm planning on having this box run half normal in my patch bay from my ensemble and other AD converter.  so say in PT i only assign 12 of the 16 channels... the other 4 are still plugged in but have no signal..

i guess my question is, what (in the hardware realm) is the difference between being plugged into an unassigned channel, and plugged into an assigned channel sending silence.

just curious if having them always plugged in solves the floating channel problem, maybe i'm naive...

Back