Universal Interstage Transformer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skipwave

I haven't had time to think about this, just wanted to share. I wonder what the frequency response is like with DC in the primary.

http://store.triodestore.com/unintrui.html

I've talked to the owner of Triode, and he is working with a local winding shop for their transformers. I told him to check out Edcor and think about serving the same market.

For a small core it will be very droopy on the bottom end unless it is gapped. Tubesandmore use to have something similar with a 200Hz-15KHz response if I recall right. Edcor will make you decent gapped ones like the XSE-600-15K. More variety will be nice though.

[quote author="Larrchild"]That takes a Tango.[/quote]

I'll put on my dancing shoes. :razz: Oh wait, I don't know that one.... What is it?

I have one of these and it is does not have good frequency response specs as I tested...now low end and serious dips and peaks throught he pass band.

there are many ways to hook it up and the 4 secondary windings all have progressively larger dcr.

i tried it with a 12bh7 in pp and the response really suffered...it is best w/no dc through it.

anybody else have experience??

it is probably good for a funky instrument amp.

Latest posts

Back