SeSeL 9k extra large Line amp Here is the pcb and schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geert Heyrman

Edited after request (PS only download the last version the first one has two resistors not connected)

Hello,

Started using Express PCB today and did so by using the SeSeL 9k eXtraLarge Line amp as an example. I think its errorfree. But I included all the files I have so please feel free to check. It's the first I made, and although it took some time (like all day....) I really enjoyed it.

http://www.badongo.com/file/996949 (this is a zipfile)

The schematic I used was posted by a member yesterday, some values were hard to read on the scan but I think I got them. I'm thinking of making a mixing desk and I would like to make 48 of these line amps (24 line1 and 24 multitrack inputs). Maybe I can offer people in the forum to do a groupbuy of the PCB board once it is finished? 48 pieces would cost 387 USD if I go for the professional version including shipping cost. If I'll get there I wont charge anything extra just envelopes and stamps...

But as this was my first try I would feel a lot more comfortable if you guys have a look at it. As you guys (and girls) will see I also decided to put the (bal) in and (unbal) output together with the dual linear pot connections on a 10 point connector. I have done the same thing on another 5 point connector for the powersupplylines (+18, -15, -18, +15 and ground) this is from to top to bottom if you look at the PCB.

Hope to hear from you guys,

Kind regards from Belgium,

Geert

PS: It feels good to give something in return for all the great info I got from this forum. :grin:

[quote author="Geert Heyrman"]How is it that the biggest nation in the world is run by the biggest fool?[/quote]

That's just bullshit! The last Russian election was in 2004, and I wasn't even on the ballot!

Peace,
Al.

Hi Al,

Its a general sentiment here in Europe is that Bush is well .... not the best or brightest president there is. I didn't intend on hurting you cause in the same sentence I called your nation the greatest..... But hell I'm a democrat so I'm maybe biased.

Regards,

Geert

[quote author="Geert Heyrman"]
The schematic I used was posted by Pucho yesterday, some values were hard to read on the scan but I think I got them. [/quote]

I didn't post nothing. :mad: No seriously that is figment of your imagination. Imagine my name off that thank you.

mmm... R10 is not connected???

Well, sorry to say this, but in fact it doesn´t looks like a great layout... That said, it might work just fine, who knows?

Geert

I think it would be a better idea to edit your posts and the title, in something like "9K-XL line amp" and not mention the company name to avoid any problems. It is a current product and we don't need any visits from the company, and problems created to the member who posted the schematic.

chrissugar

Hello Chris,

Thanx for pointing that out. It wont happen again. Someone told me he didn't consider my layout to be optimal. Can some people give me a few directions so I can improve it?

Kind regards,

Geert

It is a bit of a jungle. Dual side PCB's with loads of via holes are a PITA in my opinion. That is, as the home etcher that I am.

Single sided would be much more beneficial if my thoughts matter at all. There will always be someone who disagrees though, I have nothing at all against that... its a positive side of this forum.

If anything, I would like to see a version that was single sided with thicker traces. Even if that means spacing it out a little more.

Anything worth doing is worth doing right... as they say.

Thanks anyway :thumb:

Hi Sammas,

Maybe you're wright. I'll try to make a single sided version of it. If I'll succeed is a whole other story. There is one mistake in the files I posted but someone pointed that out. I corrected my files this morning but am at work now. I'll post them this evening.

I know it's a little crowded but I wanted to keep the cost of PCB manufacturing as low as possible. It's also the first I ever did so it was a nice exercise to make it.

It is not a complicated circuit to make it double sided. Do it single sided and don't do it in hurry. Refine the PCB as the days pass. If you inspect it after some days you will find better solutions. At least this thing works for me.

chrissugar

I actually started an SMD version of this the other day. I have the schemo transferred and the netlist built and the parts put roughly where I want them. I haven't started the tracks yet but soon..

[quote author="Geert Heyrman"]Hi Sammas,

Maybe you're wright. I'll try to make a single sided version of it. If I'll succeed is a whole other story. There is one mistake in the files I posted but someone pointed that out. I corrected my files this morning but am at work now. I'll post them this evening.

I know it's a little crowded but I wanted to keep the cost of PCB manufacturing as low as possible. It's also the first I ever did so it was a nice exercise to make it.[/quote]

Not bad at all for a first attempt, Geert :thumb:

I know I usually go through quite a few different layouts before coming to the final one. Im sure a lot of guys here do the same. It always pays off come build time.

Thanks again, for putting the time in

:guinness:

Hello sammas,

Thx for the reply. I'm currently designing the single side PCB for this line amp and I have finished the manual design. No I just have to draw it in PCB express and then I'll post it.

Kind regards,

Geert

PS: I'm also in the process of making a PCB for the N*E*V*E balancing amp to get the unbalanced line out balanced again. Maybe a nice idea to combine both on one pcb allthough the powerrequirements of both schema's are different. What's your idea. I would also like to add a polarity switch and a muting possibility (and why not two auxes after a stereopot..... :green:

Hey Geert,

There was a simple balancing card design that Keith put together for the S*S*L 9k preamp. The info (schem's etc) seems to be missing however.

You could take a look through the 9K meta thread: http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=8852

It might be hiding in there somewhere. It was one big PDF. Otherwise I know I've got a copy of the schem for the balancing card around here somewhere. I can email it to you tomorrow if you like. Nifty little card it is.

Unless Keith intended for it to go missing? Keef? do you want it to stay lost?

Perhaps I could upload the entire S*S*L 9K preamp documentation.

Back