DIN -> XLR microhpone

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gustav

Hey.
I just got hold of a sennheiser MD441 with a DIN out. I was wondering if it is possible to replace the plug in the microphone, or if i just have to make a cable that fits. Would prefer to get it changed to XLR if possible.

Gustav

Hi Gustav,

The MD441 is a GREAT microphone!

IMHO one of the best dynamic mics ever. Congrats on finding one of these!

I don't think it's easy to change the connector to a XLR, as the mount for the connector is an integral part of the mic chassic. You may need to use a DIN-XLR cable.

Jakob E.

from Jakob:

Indeed !
BTW, did anyone notice they used a 441 in that big chaotic conference in Irak yesterday or the day before ? Can't help getting distracted when the mic enters in TV-interviews...

[quote author="gyraf"]Hi Gustav,

IMHO one of the best dynamic mics ever. Congrats on finding one of these!

Jakob E.[/quote]

Yeah, and it was cheap! Ill have to find one more so I can use them for toms. Too bad about the plug. Special cables kinda irritate me. Nice when you can just pull any XLR/XLR from the rack when hooking up a mic

[quote author="clintrubber"]
BTW, did anyone notice they used a 441 in that big chaotic conference in Irak yesterday or the day before ? Can't help getting distracted when the mic enters in TV-interviews...[/quote]

Unfortunately I dont know how to translate miljøskadet into something that would have the same meaning in english :grin:

Gustav

you know what Gustav?

Get 5 more and send me 3 too :)
even with the dodgy dinconnectors

they are really top mikes :thumb:

i keep a few din-xlrcables around about 1-2 meters long.
These make it from the mike to the floor from where i plug em into a xlr-xlr from the rack

[quote author="tony dB"]i have a few cables around about 1-2 meters long.
These make to the floor and i plug em into a xlr-xlr from the rack[/quote]

Why can I never think of stuff like that :oops:
Great idea.

Gustav

We keep our "special-connector" cables in different colours, XLR cables are always black. Makes it easier to find in a hurry (or in a mess)..

Jakob E.

Hi Gustav,

You won that one over me at evilbay. :roll:
I was bidding on the same mic, but mister "grinderslev" placed a higher bid. I'm sure it is you.

Congrats, it's a super microphone! :grin:

/frede

Sorry about that :shock:
Still. I didnt even think I would get it at the price. Very cheap imo.

Gustav

Yeah, you did a really great deal. Original case, clamp and everything.
I was at work when the auction ended, and I forgot to check the auction and raise my bidding amount.

So I am bidding on another one right now. I need it for drums. :razz:

you topped me...hmm.
We should start a forum so we can coordinate our ebay efforts. :shock: Ill step down on this one

Gustav

:oops: You are?? Then I guess I have just outbid you. I will go check it...yes, its you. Ooops, I'm sorry.

I wish there could be a 441 for both of us. :grin:

from Gustav:
clintrubber wrote:

BTW, did anyone notice they used a 441 in that big chaotic conference in Irak yesterday or the day before ? Can't help getting distracted when the mic enters in TV-interviews...

Unfortunately I dont know how to translate miljøskadet into something that would have the same meaning in english

Hmm, using the Danish->Dutch->English route I arrive at something that 'damages the environment'. That's probably the literal translation but without doubt not what you're meaning.

So you've made me curious, please tell more. :wink:

Peter

Talking about translations, yes, short cables are the way. My grey 421 has DIN and came with a short DIN (with 'screw-fastening' connector) to XLR-3 cable.

Good idea of Jakob to give these cables a different color.

(And a color different from your pin 2<->3 reversed cables...)

Bye,

Peter

Sorry for bringing up an old subject, but could someone provide the connecting scheme for a DIN 3 pin to XLR cable.../thanks Balluda

Back