Scratchy Lorlins

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emtee

Can anybody advise me how to clean Lorlin switches?

The ones in question are in the eq section of a TLA EQ1 - at least I think they're Lorlin.

I think the unit has stood unused for quite a while and when switching frequencies I get scratching and a shifting of the eq frequency as if the swich is losing contact partially.

Stripping down the unit and replacing the switches would be the obvious answer but it looks like a bit of a task. I was thinking of drilling a tiny hole into the side of the switch to inject some Deoxit and then sealing it again.

Any thoughts anyone? :?

If they're scratchy, there's a good chance that some electrolytics in the signal path has become DC-leaky and needs replacing.

Often, you can spray the lorlin's from the outside, aiming for the line where they're assembled - and high-viscosity cleaner like Kontakt60 will enter in adequate amounts.

Jakob E.

[quote author="gyraf"]If they're scratchy, there's a good chance that some electrolytics in the signal path has become DC-leaky and needs replacing. [/quote]

Good point, I should have thought of that...

[quote author="gyraf"]Often, you can spray the lorlin's from the outside, aiming for the line where they're assembled - and high-viscosity cleaner like Kontakt60 will enter in adequate amounts.

Jakob E.[/quote]

:thumb: Thanks (as usual!)

Latest posts

Back